Coastal and relaxed yet luxurious, the Hamptons interior style was inspired by a group of exclusive seaside villages called The Hamptons along the coast of Long Island, New York. Quintessential "Hamptons" style has come to represent elegant and casual oceanside living.
Classic architectural Hamptons design features include the use of neutral and ocean inspired colours, timber panelling, high pitched ceilings with exposed natural timber beams, rustic timber flooring, natural materials and loads of natural light.
Some typical characteristics of the popular Hamptons interior style include:
- Distressed solid timber furniture in washed grey or limed oak and milk paint or dark timber as a contrast
- Cane and wicker furniture and accessories for both inside and out
- Classic blue and white patterned rugs or soft neutral sisal or other natural fibre carpets and floor coverings
- Big comfy sofas in casual natural linen fabrics with an abundance of throw pillows
- Large glass pendant lights, sometimes with brass accents
- Sheer fabrics in soft hues of grey, sandy taupes and shades of cream or white.
- Blue and white china and accessories scattered throughout.
At Bespoke Furniture Gallery, we offer a variety of stylish Hamptons inspired furniture pieces, perfect for home or your beachside weekend getaway!